Friday, February 21, 2014

New Inside My Kit &Reviews. (Version 3)


Pregnancy insomnia means DARK CIRCLES and my doubling up on foundation in this area was no longer working. Even my MACCosmetics Studio Sculpt concealer in NC42 wasn't doing the job. To make a long story short, I've been eyeing CoverFX's concealer for quite some time and decided to finally purchase it as my dark circles were looking REALLY bad and almost like I had 2 black eyes. I must say that after a month of usage, I am beyond happy with my purchase. A little bit on the pricey side of $27.00, this concealer definitely minimized the appearance of my dark circles and does not apply cakey at all. I like to apply this after my foundation and set it with my MAC Studio Fix powder. I also found it best blended with my ring finger and/or Beauty Blender instead of a concealer blush. This concealer is in the shade N Light. 


This MakeupForever mascara in Smoky Extravagant is amazing! And YES, after this past year of raving about Benefit's They're Real mascara, I found another mascara that does WONDERS! This mascara comes with Sephora's birthday gift as a trial size. It gives my already long lashes, more volume which almost makes it look like I'm wearing falsies. I almost can't wait to run out so that I can purchase the full size. =D 


These lipsticks aren't new releases, BUT they are fairly new to my kit. This past summer, I have built my lipstick collection courtesy of Back2Mac and an obsession for purples, berries, and reds. Pictured are RubyWoo, Heroine, RiriWoo, Heaux, and RiriBoy... which are all matte and retro mattes. I love matte lipsticks as they seem to last longer and look better in photos. Contrary to most reviews, I found NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever between RubyWoo and RiriWoo, but was happy to own the limited edition version anyway. Heaux is currently my favorite paired with a plum colored lipliner and brown eyeshadows. I'm saving RiriBoy and Heroine for the spring and summer as these shades are little too bright for the winter trends. 


I'm usually pretty good about new releases with makeup, but with all the busy-ness in my life, I didn't know about Naked 3 until I stumbled upon it's release date on Urban Decay online. I wasn't too impressed as I have all 3 preceding Naked palettes already and thought I'd be buying something I already have, but then again, I bought into peer pressure as most of my friends had already pre-ordered theirs... Might I say, I fell in love in a way different than I did with the other Naked palettes as I discovered shades of purple and rose gold that weren't included in the others. Since purchasing it last December, this has been my go to palette for every look I have used on myself. My favorite shades, so far, are Factory which I like to use in my outer V and crease, Buzz which is a light rose/purple color that I like to use on my lids, and Liar which I also use on my lids for darker looks but still appears soft because of its purple/rose gold undertone. The palette also came with 4 generous samples of UD eyeshadow primers which of course works best on their shadows and a brush similar to the one included in Naked 2. 

Thank you all for reading, and hoping for no more hiatus! 

Love, 
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment