Sunday, August 17, 2014

Summer 2014 Favorites!


Now that summer is coming to an end, I thought I'd share with you some of the products I purchased and have grown to love this season. 


Who loves Bath and Body Works? I DO! I DO! I love things that have a fruity and flowery combination, and during their semi-annual sale, I stumbled upon their Hawaiian collection (which was 50% off!!!). This tropical scent is perfect for the sunny weather. I used it almost every time I left the house. 


I love Jo Malone's limited edition scents. This summer they came out with Silk Floral, which also has the flowery/fruity combination I love. Only one spray lasts me most of the day, and I love that I can mix this with my favorite scent, Nectarine Blossom. 


This was my go to moisturizer this summer. Not only is it very hydrating to the face, but it has SPF. I didn't have to ever worry about putting sunscreen because THIS did the job. Just a little warning though, it smells and feels just like sunscreen, but it doesn't put out a white cast face like most sunscreens do. 


Mommyhood has allowed me less time to do my makeup, so I wanted to give BB cream another chance. I didn't have a great experience with a brand that I purchased a couple years ago.  Gladly I found THIS gem. I am able to skip 3 steps (moisturizing, concealing, foundation) by simply applying this product to my face with my foundation brush or Beauty Blender. Upon application, my entire face is flawless and remains this way for the rest of the day. My skin has also improved since using this product. I have less breakouts and my skin is so smooth and soft. I probably will use less foundation from now on. 


I have a love hate relationship with this product. Mostly love. I love that it stays put throughout the day when applied correctly, but I hate that it takes a while be comfortable with the motion of applying it because of the unique shape of the applicator tip. I have also found that clumpy messes of the liner also tend to get all over my lashes. Nevertheless, Benefit did a great job in coming up with this tip because it really makes creating winged liner EFFORTLESS. Hopefully once I'm a pro at using this, I'll like it better.



Did anyone else know that Drew Barrymore came out with her own line of products? I've seen this brand at Walmart for a couple years now and didn't really pay it any mind, but I wanted lip chubbies and saw a review and these little guys. While they are not long lasting, they are quick and easy to apply, creamy upon application, and very pigmented. They are true to color of the packaging as you can see in the the swatches below. The shades I have are (Left to Right) Mauve Over, Berry-more, and Floral Coral. My favorite is Berry-more. 


Thank you again for those who take time to read! Let me know what you think and what else you would like to see on the blog! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Love, 
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment